CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Volkslauf!

I don't know what got into me(I think I was really motivated to get all the baby fat off)...but about four months ago Jon and I signed up for a 10k mud run with our friend Sara from church. And it snuck up on us yesterday! For the record (and I am kind of embarrassed to admit), I have never run that long before. Not only that, but there were also a ton obstacles we had to get through! Here is a quote from the website:


"Counting all the hurdles, slides, tunnels, pits, berms, ladders, swings, rope climbs and low crawls found on the course, there are well over 75 obstacles in all for the 10K course... Add to that several million gallons of water and mud on the course and you can easily see why this isn’t just any old mud run: this is VOLKSLAUF, The Ultimate Challenge!"

When I read this on Friday night I was freaking out. But I got through it and had a really fun time too. Jon was the only boy on our team and he was a true gentleman, he stayed with us the whole time and helped us through the obstacles. We didn't get any pictures of us during the race because no one came up with us, but here is a link for a video on YouTube of last years race just to give you an idea of what it was like (It is worth checking out if you skip over the first 2 min) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFrwk2mlZk8.

I think Jon and I will make it a yearly tradition! I am not a runner, and I don't love the mud...so I feel pretty cool that I was able to finish. Although, I am sore today it is worth the feeling of accomplishment and the memories! If anyone wants to join us for next year, we'd love to have the recruits! These are the pictures we have: before and after!

5 comments:

Bakers said...

TAWANDA!!! Way to go Stass and Jon!What would have been even tougher is to have Hayley come along in the bjiorn...hehehe

sara said...

I had so much fun. We need to recruit at least one more person for the Camp Pendleton mud run, which includes a one mile run up suicide hill!!

The Browns said...

You guys are too funny. I would have paid to see you guys at that race. it sound like it was a lot of fun though. Love you guys

Christian and Stephanie said...

Impressive! Way to go!

Maria said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Too bad we're so far away, Bob would've loved something like that. BTW--check out my blog I tagged you.